Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Broken Nets


Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.”  Luke 5:5

We work hard.  Doing the best we can.  Everything we know. Just flat-out exhausted.  Long hours with not so much to show for it. 

And then He says, “Do it again.”  Huh?  “But this time, do it because of Me.”  Something beyond the busyness and good works and general decency.  But do it because we love Him and we trust Him, because it’s Jesus. 

When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break.

Everything changed.

Dear LORD, I join with Peter, who “fell at Jesus’ knees and said, “Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!”  I am tired of doing it on my own strength, for God knows what reason.  Whatever “it” may be. 

And Jesus said, “Don’t be afraid.” So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment