Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's Been a Hard Day's Night


 When he had finished speaking, He said to Simon, “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.”
Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because You say so, I will let down the nets.” Luke 5:4,5

Sometimes I get stuck.  I work and work, and try and try, and nothing.   Doing everything I know how to do and nothing.  No fish in my net.  

And Jesus says, “Throw it on the other side of the boat, into the deep water.”   Really?  Do you not think I have been doing the very best I can?  Don’t you understand? I have been persistent.  I have been creative.  I have been humble.  Tried it all and nothing.  

Simon said, “...but because You say so, I will let down my nets.”

First of all, Simon heard Jesus.  And then he obeyed.  

When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break.

LORD, may my today be of alert listening and quick obedience.  No matter how tired and discouraged I may be from a long night of fishing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment