Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Silence


Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His Holy Name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits.  Psalm 103:1

How easy it is to forget His benefits.

Clambering on top of the Sabino Canyon water tank at sunset with faithful people is a good reminder.  Matteo requested silence.  Silence as we looked at an-almost-full-moon duck behind scattery clouds.  Silence as we looked across the valley, lit with roar of human activity- yet silent.  Silence as we listened to the distant rumble of thunder following flashes of heat lightening.  Silence as we listened to the in-and-out breathing of beloved friends and family.

And this truthful silence wins out over the ugly whispers tickling my ear in the pre-dawn, detailing doubts and grievances.  Why do these pierce so deeply in the dark hours?  

May all that is within me chose to bless His Holy Name.  And may my mind remember with clarity his overflowing benefits.  

He forgives all my sins.
He heals all my wounds and discouragments.
He crowns me with mercy and lovingkindness.
He satisfies me with good things.
He renews my strength like an eagle’s.

Bless His Holy Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment