Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Yummy


Taste and see that the LORD is good; happy are they who trust in him!  Psalm 34:8

These are two declarative sentences.  Used to convey information.  If Then Statements.  If you taste then you will see His goodness.  If you trust then you will be happy.  

And really, deep down, I know they are true.  I have tasted His goodness.  I have trusted and been happy.  Many specific, deliberate, tangible moments.  

So why do I punch myself in the eye sometimes?  Who wants to spin tales of a disinterested God, a God who is silent?  a neglectful God?  a God who is slow to act?  Why would I in a million years wrest thought and decision and action control from Him and stomp off on my own?  

But I do.

And then once again, with pig slop dribbling from my fingers, once again clarity will rise like the early dawn.  Oh, If I return home, He is there.  And I turn around.  Seven times seventy times.  And He is there, waiting, with a big embrace, a warm blanket and an abundant life.  He is good.  I am happy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment