Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dropping the sackcloth


Then the Lord said, “As my servant Isaiah has walked naked and barefoot for three years as a sign and a portent against Egypt and Cush...  Isaiah 20:2-3
Oooh.  Not good.  Suddenly a Roman prison cell looks pretty sweet.  Oh dear LORD, will I indeed join you in your relentless pursuit of the lost?  No matter what the cost?  Will I loose my meager sackcloth facade covering my last remnants of pride and kick off those sandals  that protect me from the burning sands of the world and step into full obedience?
Intentional and free in all that I do?  And think?  Even my feelings?  Unbound by anything except Your love?  Putting no confidence in the chariots of Egypt, but only in Your mercy and grace?
May I boast in You alone, and put my hope in You alone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment