Thursday, April 5, 2012

The short list


“If you are the Messiah,” they said, “tell us.”

Jesus answered, “If I tell you, you will not believe me, and if I asked you, you would not answer.”  Luke 22:27

Words just aren’t enough.  I don’t pretend to understand all of the predestination / free will discussion.  However I do understand that the soil of the heart is the whole thing.  The seed falls where it may, without prejudice or merit.  

And I can understand a few things that involve me:
I suspect the heavy picking through the caliche is done through prayer- somehow releasing or binding or otherwise participating in the unseen battle of spirits and principalities.  
kindness and mercy tills the soil and leads to repentance
and the Truth spoken in love is the seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment