Thursday, May 24, 2012

Dropping a popped balloon into the trash can where it belongs


The earth will wear out like a garment, and they who dwell in it will die like gnats; but My salvation will be forever, and My righteousness will never be dismayed.  Isaiah 51:6

It’s all about perspective.  What is true and what is not true.  And sometimes, like a lot, I get caught up in stitching up frayed edges and spending way too much time sewing on patches to such worn fabric that it only rips out a bigger hole.

“Listen to Me, you who know righteousness, the people in whose heart is My law; fear not the reproach of man, nor be dismayed at their revilings.”

And sometimes I buy into their system.  The mocking, and let me tell you we of faith, we who know righteousness, do indeed rightly open ourselves up to mocking and reviling, shakes my confidence a bit.  Is it all some complicated made-up game “with the hallmarks of an evolved behavior, meaning that it exists because it was favored by natural selection. It is universal because it was wired into our neural circuitry” (NYT).

That all sounds fancy fine and maybe a little scary, but really what these anthropologists are discovering in the Oaxaca Valley in Mexico is the hole in our heart that only God can fill.  We were created to be one with Him, and nothing else can fill that spot.  No matter how hard we try.

And it only takes one act of Him revealed to smash the plate glass which holds me prisoner from the Real World, His salvation forever.  The materialistic world holds no place for aberrations that deviate from the norm.  One single act pops the balloon.  One leg stretching into wholeness in Nicole’s hands, one foretold dream solidifying, one life transformed.  

I know what is true.  Therefore I will choose not to be dismayed, I set my face like flint against the dictionary definition of consternation and distress, typically caused by something unexpected.  And everlasting joy shall be upon my head; I shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

Listen to Me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment