Thursday, May 3, 2012

Perhaps the dark is just in my mind


Deliver me, O LORD, by your hand from those whose portion in life is this world.  Psalm 17:14
Ah, you who hide deep from the Lord your counsel, whose deeds are in the dark, and who say, “Who sees us? Who knows us?” You turn things upside down! Shall the potter be regarded as the clay, that the thing made should say of its maker, “He did not make me”; or the thing formed say of him who formed it, “He has no understanding”?  Isaiah 29: 15-16

Therefore my only prayer should really be, “LORD make me soft clay, tender and pliable to Your touch.”

You would think I would learn sometime, from the many times that I stand back and am amazed at His work around me, and in me.  And even through me though I be the least of these clay pots that hold His treasure.  

And as I wrestle with how I should pray this to the LORD God Father of mine, I am very aware of something else: He turns things upside down.  His values are not the world’s values, His ways are not the world’s ways.  And so often, I am left speechless, with only His Spirit aching within.  Perhaps not often enough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment