Saturday, June 2, 2012

Peace, peace, to the far and to the near


For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite.” Isaiah 57:15
He inhabits eternity.  Forever back beyond time and to where it never ends.  He is.  And He is also my Comforter.  My Shepherd, I shall not want.  Who leads me to green pastures and beside cool waters.  

Yesterday I went outside for a bit to escape the air conditioner.  I sat on the rather odd fountain and looked at the patch of grass.  And marveled at its beauty. Where did it come from, when did kings and queens and peasants start spreading it out around them like a blanket. And I also wondered when they switched from goats to lawn mowers.  But somehow the green and the water wrapped around me, and revived my spirit, revived my heart.  

And it was good.  He makes everything beautiful.  He whose name is Holy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment