Thursday, June 14, 2012

Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”


Because when I called, no one answered, when I spoke, they did not listen;
but they did what was evil in my eyes and chose that in which I did not delight. Isaiah 66: 4
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin. James 4:17

What have I learned from two months in Isaiah?  Bullet points to live by?

  • The LORD God is just.  The LORD God is merciful.  
  • We are not.  Therefore He Himself had to reach out His own arm to save us.
  • What matters is not our religious sacrifices and fasts but a meek and contrite heart.  And we are to love justice and mercy because that is Who He Is.  That is His heart. 
  • Our trials and suffering are only for a moment; His goodness is forever.  

For I know their works and their thoughts, and the time is coming to gather all nations and tongues. And they shall come and shall see My glory.  Isaiah 66:18

And how did the book of Isaiah inform Jesus of Nazareth?  

 He and His Father are One.  He is justice and mercy in action, what it looks like in flesh and blood.  With a very clear eternal perspective, turning neither to the right nor to the left.  Intentional and unswayed by the wisdom of the world, the incessant whisperings (pretty good onomatopoeia, huh?) of the Tempter.  

Peter turned and saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?”
Jesus answered, “What is that to you? You must follow me.”
Where He leads, I will follow, no turning back, no turning back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment