Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A slightly offkey song drifting through my day


Above Him were seraphs, each with six wings: with two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of His glory.”  Isaiah 6:2-3

The world is full of My glory.  You have eyes, but so often you do not see.  Take time to notice My glory and love and power. You are caught up so often in what does not matter- what moth destroys and rust corrupts and what will be burned up in the purging fire of My judgement.  Do not fill Your heart and mind with that which is not Me.  

I confess that so often I step into the center.  I push You off of the Campus Crusade throne of my heart, which leads to disorder and skewed priorities.  You are a God of order.  Of sufficiency.  With a plan.  You provide enough for each day.  Time.  Energy.  Resources.  It is only when I elbow my way into control that chaos ensues. 

It is a matter of practicing My presence.  Moment by moment.  Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man. Trust in Me with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Me, and I will make straight your paths.

Holy Spirit, fill me with trust: trust that Your holiness covers my sin, trust that Your holiness is above and through all and in all.  I confess my headstrong pride.  Gently pull me back into Your presence and into Your peace when I begin to dash off onto my own paths.  Again and again.  Thank you for Your steadfast love that never ceases, Your mercies never that come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness

No comments:

Post a Comment