Friday, August 31, 2012

With careful enunciation


And in the last days it shall be, God declares,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
and your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams;
even on my male servants and female servants
in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy. Acts 2:17-21, Joel 2:28-32

I remember this guy from last year, when I did the long 110 degree drive up  to Phoenix for the Spiritual Emphasis Conference.  I know he says that he is thirty-four and has four kids, but he looks twenty to me. Or fourteen.  He wears the weight of humility well.

And a fire burns in his belly.  A passion for people to step into relationship with His Jesus.  Not because it is easy and nice and the thing to do, but because it is hard and strong and courageous to stand against the tide of mediocrity and emptiness.  

He led three hundred and fifty people to the LORD when he was still in high school.  His baseball coach.  His basketball coach.  The captain of the football team.  The head cheerleader.  The guy sitting by himself in the cafeteria.  Every morning he was would gather with three or four of his weird friends on the steps of their little church in Georgia and pray name by name for people he knew that were stumbling along in lostness, trying to live their lives with sideways glances at the world around them, trying to make some sort of happiness out of it all.  

I am not entirely sure what it means to prophesy, but I imagine that it has something to do with speaking the heart of God with a loud clear voice because He is true and He has a heart for each and every of His lost sheep, to lead each and every one of them beside cool water and to green pastures.  

And I am tired of mumbling and not finishing my sentences.  Time is short.  

No comments:

Post a Comment