Monday, September 10, 2012

A candle burning in the windowsill while it's still dark outside


Grant me, O Lord, to trust in you with all my heart; for, as you always resist the proud who confide in their own strength, so you never forsake those who make their boast of your mercy; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

Help maintain in me an attitude of quietness today.  Help me to be centered on You and to be aware of who I am in You. 

Holy Spirit, let me be an instrument of Your peace today. A steady candle of Your light, unflickering, silently illuminating Your grace and mercy.  

Holy Fire burn away, 
My desire for anything 
That is not of you and is of me.
I want more of you and less of me. 
Holy Fire burn away, 
My desire for anything 
That is not of you and is of me, 
I want more of you and less of me, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment