Saturday, September 8, 2012

Same old, same old



And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness. Now the full number of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things that belonged to him was his own, but they had everything in common.  And with great power the apostles were giving their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all.  Luke 4: 31-33

I guess I am weary of compromise being used as the baseline. It’s pretty heart wrenching to set down a book documenting “hundreds of thousands of Muslims falling in love with Jesus” and in my backyard there are excuses and cancelled meetings to give us “another week to slack off and be irresponsible” and this is the way we do things and we already tried that. 

Dear LORD shake us.  And if it is just I, I offer myself to be shaken.  Whatever it takes. 

Spirit of the Living God fall afresh on me.  Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment