Saturday, September 8, 2012

Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain


This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says:
“In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it.” Isaiah 30:15

Wholiness.  Above all, in all and through all.  Worthy of complete unadulterated attention.  I AM.

I confess that so very often I put my thoughts before Your thoughts. My anxious, self-centric fretting before Your understanding that can be grasped in the tiniest way by images of vast swirling space… being but in the palm of your hand.  My ways before Your ways.  My petty grumbling quick-to-accuse means and methods before Your from-before-the-beginning of time understanding of mercy and redemption being lifted up. 

Repentance is to release and to turn.  And in that release and turn, there is rest.  And once again You save me from myself, for Yourself.  

Quietly trusting in You.  And You alone.  Step by step, my heart set to release and to turn after You. 

Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
As they pass through the Valley of Bitterness,
they make it a place of springs;
the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
They go from strength to strength,
till each appears before God in Zion.

Once again I repent.  May I not be counted with the foolish ass who takes the bit between the teeth and bolts in her own direction.  Let me rest in Your salvation, under the shadow of Your wing in quietness and trust.

Resting by the place of springs.  The bubbling comfort much like the St. Francis fountain in the greenhouse.  Shimmering, yet with crisp clarity reaching down deep beyond sight and mind.  The autumn rains streaming down around me, so many mercy drops with which to slake my thirst.  And the scent of creosote hangs heavy in the air.  A pungent reminder of Your grace. 

My heart set, let me step forth in joy.  A new day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment