Saturday, October 20, 2012

Make Your face shine upon us


For we do not present our pleas before You because of our righteousness, but because of Your great mercy.  Daniel 9:18

It is certainly true.  We have sinned and done wrong and acted wickedly and rebelled.  Not just me, but my city, my state, my country... the sin ripples outward across the globe with heartbreaking circumstances.  Blaring out in detailed full color news clips hour by hour on the hotel television which joins me for my breakfast of oatmeal and black coffee.  Articulated from around the world in the complimentary and newly formatted USA newspaper stacked neatly on the counter.  

The span of our life is seventy years, perhaps in strength even eighty; yet the sum of them is but labor and sorrow, for they pass away quickly and we are gone. Who regards the power of your wrath? who rightly fears your indignation? So teach us to number our days that we may apply our hearts to wisdom.

May my heart be broken.  May I join Daniel, seeking Him by prayer and pleas of mercy.  For He is merciful.  And although we do not deserve His love, He cannot but love us, because He Is Love.  He cannot act against His nature.  

O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive. O Lord, pay attention and act.

No comments:

Post a Comment