Thursday, October 18, 2012

Maybe I should tape it to my forehead


...light and understanding and wisdom like the wisdom of the gods were found in him...  Daniel 5:4

But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.  James 3:17-18

I think that Nicole was doing some sort of spring cleaning of the soul and mind last night.  Getting rid of the clutter which stacks so high in all of our hearts and minds so very easily.   Tossing out grudges, and impatience, and proving yourself, and cleaning the cobwebs off of humility, gratitude and gentleness.  

And life is not easy ever.  Surely part of God’s plan to be known... as I bury my face into His chest and plead at last for Him, and Him along.  All the stuff of the world is absolutely dust that crumbles into emptiness in my outstretched hand.

And Belshazzar had been weighed in the balance and found wanting.  

And he had praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood, and stone, which do not see or hear or know, but the God in whose hand is his breath, and whose are all his ways, he had not honored.

Let there be no divided way in me.

Open, Lord, my eyes that I may see. Open, Lord, my ears that I may hear. Open, Lord, my heart and my mind that I may understand. So shall I turn to you and be healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment