Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Put another log on the fire


In the Lord put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain? Psalm 11:7

In the background of now, my dad is reading John 14 out loud, William Short is giving his word game on NPR radio, and the St. Francis fountain is dribbling.

And even though I am achingly exhausted, I will not flee.  My trust is in the LORD, I will not be afraid.  One day at a time, I will not be afraid.  

When Thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto Thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.

. . . . 

The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Psalm 12:6

One can consider that the purifying fire is the lives of the saints, a furnace of earth, and the raging trials burn out the dross and leave what is True and Pure, the Word of the LORD.  

And how these words echo across the generations and over the rivers and the seas and under the sun and the moon and the stars offering insight and healing to many an aching soul.  Even the One stretched up in love. Especially.  

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?  O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.  Psalm 22:1-2

And yet the Psalm is entitled: A Cry of Anguish and Song of Praise

The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek Him: your heart shall live for ever. All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before Thee.  Psalm 22:26-27

Because of that great love.  Poured out like water.  

Be satisfied, oh my soul.  Praise the LORD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment