Sunday, December 23, 2012

My prayer for you as well today


When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”  Psalm 27:8

There is something about this verse that fills me with joy.  The simplicity of it all, stripped down, with no distractions.  A love song.  Just You and me. 
You are my love and my life, 
You are my inspiration. 
just You and me. 
simple and free. 
baby You’re everything, I ever dreamed of. 
yea, yea.

May it be.  And as I consider the day ahead of me, and the trip to Costco after swimming and a quick cup of coffee with Jenny and Tim for salmon and bacon and Brie and stocking stuffers and the wrapping of gifts but the quilt is done and the printing of minivan complete with a GPS reservations and the sweet breads to be knead and old rock and roll stickers for Giovanni’s guitar case and I sure better not run my stockings tonight and from whom to borrow a good coat from to withstand the 27 degrees waiting for me in Vermont, may I continue to seek His face.

The Lord bless you, and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine on you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

And I am so looking forward to tomorrow’s midnight mass at St. Cyril’s with Giovanni.  Pause, breathe, peace.  

But. This is not about place. And time.  Rather the heart and seeking.  Pause, breathe, peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment