Monday, December 10, 2012

Really, I just snuggle in a little more deeply


The LORD is my shepherd: I shall not want.  Psalm 23:1

So, wandering around google clarifies that “shall” indicates a promise, in fact, it carries with it legal implications that this promise is indeed binding.  

This is my comfort, a metaphoric blanket so to speak, to wrap around my shivering shoulders if I were to ever wake up in the middle of the night full of angst and bother.  Whenever I wake up, I mean, with chill winds breathing down my neck and dark thoughts twisting in my mind.  

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.

These are statements of fact, continuing present tense.  What is true.  Whether I choose to acknowledge the reality of His very active verbs.  

May I pull back the bramble bushes and lie down, content in His provision, at rest.   

No comments:

Post a Comment