Friday, January 25, 2013

Another glance at the headlines


Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10

Don't you know? Haven't you heard? The LORD is the eternal God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not grow tired or weary; and His understanding cannot be fathomed. Isaiah 40:28

So maybe, just maybe, I can pick up that old newspaper with hope and joy.  He is the eternal God.  And I am not.  I am not sure whether fasting changes the world around me or just how I see it.  How I see Him.  But I do know that it is encouraging, as in filling me with Courage.  

He will be exalted among all the nations.  As in As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. He is at work and does not grow tired and weary.  I cannot wrap my finite brain around His understanding.  But even the small glimpses of His power, even a single closed fist uncurling and lifting into praise, is far beyond my scope and reveals His glory.  

Be still, oh my heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment