Wednesday, January 23, 2013

One never knows what is waiting outside that door


O send out Thy light and Thy truth, let them lead me. Psalm 43:3

His light shows me the very next step, the way wherein I should walk, and His truth is wrapped around my core, to gird my loins, that I may walk forth with constancy and firmness, without wavering or fear, because I am at rest in His strength and faithfulness.  

Let them lead me.    

So sometimes I get a little grumpy.  And tired. And a little bit discouraged. And I just want to sit there by the fire and stare.  And while that’s not so great, maybe there is nothing really wrong with that.  Unless.  Unless I am being prodded to step forward and into the fray, with a lamp unto my feet less I stumble and a sturdy confidence.  So maybe last night I didn’t exactly leap into obedience, but sort of grumbled.  But I did walk out the front door and He met me in His full glory.   That one step.  I have a pretty good understanding that keys were turned in rusty old locks and iron portals were kicked open into the joyous sunlight.  And it will make all the difference for now and rippling into eternity.

Maybe, just maybe next time I will hop right off the couch.  

What do you think? A man had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work in the vineyard today.’ The boy answered, ‘I will not.’ But later he had a change of heart and went. The father went to the other son and said the same thing. This boy answered, ‘I will, sir,’ but did not go. Which of the two did his father’s will?

No comments:

Post a Comment