Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sometimes you meet someone and you know from their gleaming peace


They looked unto Him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. Psalm 34:5

This is part and parcel of the previous verse, I sought the Lord and He delivered me of my fears.  The completion of the pattern, parallelism, part of the rhythm.  The If Then statement.  

If I look to Him, my face will shine, radiant being a common translation, because He has delivered me from all my fears.

I am not permitted any qualifying, “Well, except for the...” clinging to my joy.  He is indeed alive and active, at work in things and through things.  And then, I will be a blessing, a shining candle illuminating the surrounding darkness with a sense of hope and peace.  

Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment