Monday, January 21, 2013

The pounding surfs rolls over me


As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. Psalm 42:1-2

Who are You, Oh Living God?  

Verily I seek to know You.  To know Your heart.   To see as you see. To love as You love. To live as You lived when You walked the earth wrapped in flesh.

Jesus answered, To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the Truth. Every one that is of the Truth heareth my voice.

I really have no interest in the constructs of man, of the Pharisetical scaffolding pounded together with ever-so-many hammers and nails, yet wobbly and blocking the view North.  And dangerous to the soul, which has sent many an unsuspecting crashing to the jagged rocks below.  

Listen! It's the voice of someone shouting, "Clear the way through the wilderness for the LORD! Make a straight path through the wasteland for our God!

Through the wasteland of the human experience there is a voice calling, a tender voice, a bruised reed shall He not break, and the smoking flax shall He not quench.

[Roaring] deep calls to [roaring] deep at the thunder of Your waterspouts; all Your breakers and Your rolling waves have gone over me.Yet the Lord will command His loving-kindness in the daytime, and in the night His song shall be with me, a prayer to the God of my life.

The Spirit is the One Who guides us in all Truth, along this path through the wilderness and His presence is clear: love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, meekness, temperance and faith.  And the greatest of these is love.  

Selah.  

No comments:

Post a Comment