Tuesday, February 12, 2013

He's not a soda pop machine


God has spoken once,
Twice I have heard this:
That power belongs to God.
Also to You, O Lord, belongs mercy.  Psalm 61:11-12

Sometimes the voice of God is loud and clear and requires obedience, Immediate without excuse.  And sometimes, it is not.  Sometimes, you kind of scrunch forward and squint, and think did I really hear that?

So on Sunday I was praying for the trumpet-loud clarity.  To hear God’s voice and know it was Him, mostly for Nicole, because she is at the wait moment of her life: 
My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
But also for me, because I am sitting next to her, waiting as well.  

And so I prayed and fasted three times and saw His power with yellow-flag clarity, whipping in the Wind.  Twice.  

And once, once. 
My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.

I am still waiting.  For Him alone.  
Mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment