Wednesday, February 27, 2013

In the stillness You are there


Unto Thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto Thee do we give thanks: for that Thy name is near Thy wondrous works declare. Psalm 75: 1

Let me not take myself too seriously.  None of us.  It is a big, big world and really my role in it is quite humble.  

Lift not up your horn on high: speak not with a stiff neck.

Yet in the small beauties there is a sweet joy.  He is full of tender mercies and has wrought great things.  Is there not as much to marvel over an unfolding peony in the front doorstep clay pot as in exploding meteorites over Russian steppes?

Let me give thanks to the LORD for His mercy and the wonders He does for His children.

The list is long.  And it steadily whispers truth throughout the day.  And courage.   A gentle yet strong and firm reminder of all things noble and good. 

Let me give thanks to the LORD for His mercy and the wonders He does for His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment