Saturday, February 2, 2013

The breeze pushes back the heavy drapes


The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good. Psalm 53:1

I breathe the air of unbelief.  It is a constant companion tangling up my every footstep.  Lingering like the stale cigarette smoke of yesterday’s hotel room.  And much like in my hotel room, I have to stand up and open up the little-bit-sticking window and let in the fresh wind of the Spirit, even if it sends a chill down my spine, to chase away the fog of doubt or distraction or fear.   

Because truly, truly if I lived in belief I would live in joy, for He is with me.

I would live in mercy and lovingkindness, because He is merciful.

I would live in peace, for the LORD is my Shepherd.  

But that is not the case.  I lose my footing and slip into unbelief, the world wherein I am king and I battle the demons of the murky darkness of untruth, into the abominable region of self.  

There is only one who is called good.  He knew without the shadow of doubt that He was about His Father’s business.  

I believe.  Help my unbelief.  

No comments:

Post a Comment