Thursday, February 7, 2013

the gurgle of the stovetop expresso pot


 My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.
Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early. Psalm 57:7-8

The heart can be fixed even while one’s mind scoots all over the place like so many proverbial herded cats.  And certainly the heart can be willing with the body protesting every inch of the way.  And yet I myself will awake early.

It is yet one more thing I do not understand, but He meets me here every morning.  Gentle yet unwavering, the light on my path is lifted high for yet one more doy.

And tucking my list of prayers into my bosom every morning comforts me as well.   He reminds me that what we see is not the end of the road, that He is at work to will His good purpose, and the list of names is a reminder of His faithfulness.

For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds. The billowing sunrises. 

Awake up, oh my heart, awake,

No comments:

Post a Comment