Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Jesus looked at him and loved him


God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; He judgeth among the gods. How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked. Psalm 82: 1-2

Dear LORD.  In my busyness do not let me overlook those who hold Your heart, rushing past to do the next thing on my list, accepting through complacency.  

May Your Spirit burn through the brittle pricker weeds around my heart, sweep away the cloudy vision, shine brightly on the path I should take.  

No need to be so confused, By all the fires you have to walk through
They're breaking you, and making you, And building you to be
Soft enough to love the least of these, Even me.

May this love fill my perspective and understanding, my creativity and daydreams, my longings and my passion.

Give me a tender heart, even if it aches.

No comments:

Post a Comment