Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me


Who will rise up for Me against the evildoers?
Who will stand up for Me against the workers of iniquity? Psalm 94:16

Give me boldness LORD God.  May I step into the messy fray of life. 

It is a fine line.  

One has to look for God’s heart sifting through the at-first-glance conflicting paradigms.  As far as you are able, be at peace with all men.  Judge not lest ye be judged. How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 

As I swam back and forth this morning and considered, I think what we need to do is stand against the structures, the powers, the principalities; not flesh and blood.  This is not a person battle; Christ overturned the money changers’ tables.  

Be angry and yet sin not.  Humble mercy can be extended to those caught up in the lies of the times, of political intrigues, of religious chains forged by man; there can be no personal smug pride that I am not one of Them.  

Yet.  Yet I cannot be a coward.  Settling for the status quo because it is personally comfortable.  They have healed the wound of my people lightly, saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ when there is no peace.  

Nicole and I were talking about the weeping and gnashing of the teeth yesterday.  And perhaps a great deal of that will be regret.  Regret that I spent my gift of life fiddling about the weeds and straw that will be burnt up into nothingness.  That I have so few gifts to lay before His throne.  

When I should have been about my Father’s business.  

Quoting Prophet Bono in church Sunday:  We cannot do everything, but what we can do, we must do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment