Friday, April 12, 2013

A deadly thrust


Give us help from trouble,
For the help of man is useless.
Through God we will do valiantly,
For it is He who shall tread down our enemies. Psalm 108:12-13

So I just got an email from a friend, asking for prayer for a big huge test that she was not quite ready for no matter her grandest efforts.  And I prayed this prayer for her.  

Can over-the-top tests be our enemies?  Yep in the sense that it is weariness and doubt.  Tread them down.
I am reminded once again that we do not battle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 

Once again, it is our thinking that needs to be taken captive by the fetters of love and truth.  And we need to duck behind the shield of faith which protects us from the fiery darts of Satan’s lies. And his accusations, the pointing of the finger towards others and ourselves, and to our faith.  This is his weapon, the sly questions he slid under the heart’s door to Adam and Eve, “Did God actually say?” He even tried his sneaky lies with Jesus in the wilderness, “If You are God’s son...” Who combated with the sword of Truth.  When Christian battled Apollyon, he nimbly stretched out his hand for his Sword, and caught it, saying, Rejoice not against me, O mine Enemy! when I fall I shall arise; and with that gave him a deadly thrust. Thus when I question myself, those around me, and even Him, let me remember helThrough God we will do valiantly, For it is He who shall tread down our enemies.

In His name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment