Thursday, April 11, 2013

His mercy endures forever


For He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. Psalm 107:9

Psalm 107 is a traveler’s guide to the pilgrim’s way.  Not so much, “Stay at this bed and breakfast or don’t miss this waterfall lookout” sorts of counsel. More along the lines of, “They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way,” and “He led them forth by the right way.”  A little later on, “Such as sit in darkness and in the shadow of death,” and then, “He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death and brake their bands in sunder.”

The chorus is twofold that repeats itself throughout the tale, the tale of Him gathering the redeemed out of the lands, from the East, from the West, from the North and from the South,

Then they cried unto the LORD in their troubles, and He delivered them from their distresses, and, closely linked in the Psalmist’s rhythm is the Therefore: Oh that men would praise the LORD for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men.  

As I pick my way through the boulders and gravely slopes and pricker bushes and sometimes I just have to chug up that steep incline, facing the soul-melting troubles and the end of my wit, may I be wise and observe these things, and even understand the lovingkindness of the LORD.

And Mary Anne is at Tucson Medical Center resting comfortably after a small heart attack last night after her prayer meeting and she is not to have any visitors except for family and we are still waiting for Miss Everette Tess Schaber to show her pretty face and Grandpa is spending the night tonight and I was thinking of taking him to the Upper Room because it makes him so happy and Panchita is cleaning today which is always an adventure in itself and last night the Phoenix school’s self assessment for their accreditation arrived in my In Box at 10:55 p.m. that is three weeks late and now I have to sift through it and make sure it’s all there before I forward it to my team today and there is the Tucson Christian Early Educators’ luncheon today at Northminster and I made plans for Bryan Gillooly to pick me up at the airport in Bogotá in two weeks and Nicole is putting the final touches on the backyard for Sergio and Janelle’s sit down wedding reception for 200 Saturday night.

But I just pulled meters and meters of cool water and that is the most relaxing thing ever and it’s not at all about me, but it’s all about they cried unto the LORD in their troubles, and He delivered them from their distresses and Let all the people say Amen, praise ye the LORD.

Selah. 

And maybe I will cancel my blood donation at Red Cross today at four.  

No comments:

Post a Comment