Friday, October 4, 2013

And in the midst of a great crowd

But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 19:18

Thinking about my kiddos today, and not hindering them, rather blessing them. All day long.  And they are actually not little children, but still they are young souls tender and tentative, trying to make sense of the world and how they belong.  

And really they have been brought to me so that I might lay hands on them and pray on the kingdom of heaven pilgrimage.

And may I prove faithful and not weary or careless. And I heard a great story last night, in that it was a true story. About someone who was in a hurry and there was a guy who was dirty and smelly and probably drinking and not so very terribly pleasant, so he pushed past. Who knows, maybe he pulled his cloak in closely as he edged along. But afterwards, his heart broke.  That was Jesus and an opportunity missed to kneel at the feet of the One.  And he vowed never to let that happen again.

And likewise may I never be too distracted because I need a few more copies or because once again my technology refuses to cooperate or because my eyes and heart are looking ahead to the next item on my list and are not noticing now.  Now, while I am here in the presence of such a child.  

For whoever receives one such child in my name receives Me.


No comments:

Post a Comment