Saturday, November 16, 2013

So I got me a pen and paper and I made up my own little sign

So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding. Romans 14:19

Well, there is no doubt that Scripture is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. I was sort of going down rabbits holes in the conversations in my mind–discussions round and round with those who disagree with me and my brilliant thinking on so many issues. Rushing hither and thither. Determined to take control of every thought, at last I marched over and opened up Romans and read the chapter for today.  

Do not quarrel over opinions. Romans 14:1

Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? Romans 14:4

Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Romans 14:10

Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer. Romans 14:13

I think Paul is trying to make a point.

And the point is, I am going to stand before my God and give account for my stewardship of what He has given me. And every knee will bow and every tongue will give praise to God, and all the rest will fall away and be consumed. 

Time is short. Therefore give no occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For the kingdom of God is of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.


Selah.


No comments:

Post a Comment