Tuesday, February 18, 2014

...and is profitable for reproof


Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with each other in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:2-3
But when Jesus heard this, he said, “Now don’t be afraid, just go on believing!”
Then he took the little girl’s hand and said to her in Aramaic, “Little girl, I tell you to get up!” Mark 5

Father, I confess that I have allowed myself to become judgmental, which has robbed me of my joy. You are asking me to be patient. To come to an end of myself…much like the hemorrhaging woman. I reach out to touch You.

Bridle my tongue. Shield my heart. Let me work towards the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

There is certainly plenty of wood to chop.

But let me chop with your Spirit of joy, stripped to the waist, with the sun on my back and the wind in my hair.

Unburdened by any weighty poisonous thoughts of pride, impatience, or judgment.

Holy Spirit, help my heart to be soft and malleable and full of courage. Help me to remember who I really am. Help me to overflow with genuine love, and act out of that love, rather than just adding “one more thing.” Fill me with Yourself.

Jesus  said, “Now don’t be afraid, just go on believing!” Mark 5:36

No comments:

Post a Comment