Monday, July 21, 2014

I love people so much I'm fit to bust, sometimes

Let them know that this is Your hand, that You, O LORD, have done it. Psalm 109:26

Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to Your Name give glory; because of Your love and because of Your faithfulness. Psalm 115:1

Therefore, my brothers and sisters, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved. Philippians 4:1

So I can pretty much relate to ol’ Paul these days. Except he was in prison and I am on summer vacation. Nicole just encouraged me to ride up A Mountain after swimming today, so I am all happy and showered and have a second cup of coffee. Which is not like Paul. But I do have lots of folks on my heart whom I love and long for. And reading Steinbeck very much makes me tenderhearted, as he details the aches of being human, of the hunger of a million souls, reaching, stumbling forward, painfully, mistakenly sometimes.
And today as I pray for each one of you, there is this consideration, that through it all you may see His hand. And however He choses to will and to work in your life, that you will perceive it as His love and faithfulness, standing firm.

May His Name be glorified. 


No comments:

Post a Comment