Friday, August 29, 2014

A single Bright Morning Star

You strengthen me more and more; you enfold and comfort me. Psalm 71:24

The law of the LORD is perfect and revives the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure and gives wisdom to the innocent. The statutes of the LORD are just and rejoice the heart; the commandment of the LORD is clear and gives light to the eyes. Psalm 19:7-8

What is true, that is the word of the LORD. The Word. And seeing life from the comfort of His bosom changes everything.

The love of God is not a mild benevolence but it is a consuming fire. Bede Griffeths

God’s love is not conditional. We cannot do anything to deserve God’s love–for which reason it is called grace and we need not do anything to provoke it. It is already there. Any love that is going to be salvific must be of this type–absolutely unconditional and free. Beatrice Bruteau

In other words, God in Christ was reconciling the world to Himself, not holding men’s faults against them. 2 Corinthians 5:19

God reconciled all things, everything in heaven and everything in earth, when He made peace by His death on the cross. Colossians 1:20

When God comes streaming into our lives in the power of His Word, all He asks is that we be stunned and surprised, let our mouths hang open, and begin to breathe deeply. –Brennan Manning

And my withered in-the-heat-of-a-summer-day soul has been denched. That is what perfect means, It is done. Nothing else needs to be striven or struggled. And the water of life soaks in deeply, reaching down to my core. And I can lift up and rest. It is well with my soul.

And I am settled in His love. That is enough. I am Abba’s Child, innocent and cared for. His wisdom is gentle and good, whispered sweetly.  The voices have been silenced.

And as promised in the dusty desert of Cuernavaca, the injustice has been righted. Been righted in my understanding, I have repented, been given a new mind. I clearly know that very injustice was nailed onto that cross of Golgotha. It is finished. And in this new mind a great song of joy wells up from deep within my heart. I imagine that it is still out of tune, but Bless the LORD oh my soul soars up into the single morning star dawn.

And that truth is light onto my path. And seeing clearly, instead of stumbling along an unknown path is so reviving. Wow. I can keep going. Not that I know what lies around the corner, but at least I am not getting whacked unexpectedly at every turn so that I develop this weird ugly sort of wincing and ducking step. I can walk with a lilt to my step. A bounce. And that is who I am. 


No comments:

Post a Comment