Saturday, August 2, 2014

Happy are they that mourn, for they will be comforted

Porque las armas de nuestra contienda no son carnales, sino poderosas en Dios para la destrucción de fortalezas;  destruyendo especulaciones y todo razonamiento altivo que se levanta contra el conocimiento de Dios, y poniendo todo pensamiento en cautiverio a la obediencia de Cristo, 2 Corintios 10, 4-5

We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

Let your loving-kindness, O LORD, be upon us, as we have put our trust in you. Psalm 33:22

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, abides under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Jesus taught us, saying: ‘Peace I bequeath to you, my own peace I give you, a peace which the world cannot give, this is my gift to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid. John 14:27

I was driving to swimming this morning, thinking about all those years I had the "taking every thought captive" verse taped to my windshield. Maybe I need to do that again. I sure know I wake up every morning ducking flaming darts.

So I just stumbled across my notes from the first few days of Potter's Wheel, dutifully transcribed before I knew that God was going to take out those big fat adobe walls I had been praying about all these years. And it is sort of stunning how spot on the teaching was before I was even aware of what lie ahead.

I get it.

He is faithful with Hie little yellow arrows pointing the way, even if it looks like I am headed into a pricker bush or straight up a cobblestoned path.

I get it.

Right now it is all about obeying Christ, even if I have no clue what lies around the curve up ahead.

He is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment