Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I will remember no more

 Guest blog: Weston Baker

"This is the covenant I will make with them
   after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
   and I will write them on their minds."
Then He adds:
"Their sins and lawless acts
   I will remember no more."
(Heb. 10:16-17)

I'm excited about God's promise. I'm renewed in my thinking because I am assured that God really means this promise here: He will forget my sins, He doesn't keep a record of my failures.

That means when I ask for forgiveness for something and it's the 100th time, God says, "What 100 other times? I don't have any record of that, I have no memory of that." And He says "You are forgiven." Meaning it is washed away like it never happened.

That means on that day we go before Him, our life is a highlight reel of every act of kindness, and hospitality. A great list of every generous gift or deed we did for someone else. A list of every courageous thing we did and thought. All the honorable moments, the unselfish sacrifices for others. The times we persevered in faith. All the times we trusted Him. All the times we enjoyed ourselves and had fun. All the good and none of the bad.

Bind love and faithfulness on your neck and write them on the tablet of your heart.

May I forgive others as He forgives me.

And may I be with Him and chat with Him and live with Him who opened the way for newness of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment