Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Camping out in His holy palace.

God in Zion, we praise You
    and give You what we promised.
Anyone can come to You,
    and You will listen to their prayers.
When our sins become too heavy for us,
    You wipe them away.
Oh, how wonderful it is to be the people you chose
    to come and stay in Your Presence.
And we are so happy to have the wonderful things
    that are in Your Presence, Your holy palace.
God, You answer our prayers and do what is right.
    You do amazing things to save us.
People all over the world know they can trust in You,
    even those who live across the sea. Psalm 65:1-5

O Lamb of God, that takes away the sins of the world, have mercy upon me. O Lamb of God, that takes away the sins of the world, have mercy upon me. O Lamb of God, that takes away the sins of the world, grant me your peace.

 And sometimes we can feel stuck. Like my friend who thinks that she will never ever be able to get up at five in the morning to exercise. So she is having all of her Facebook friends text her. But yesterday she didn’t get out of bed. And she, like the rest of us, feels stuck.

But He promises otherwise, and when our sins become too heavy for us, when at last we confess our brokenness, He will wipe them all away.

A fresh start. An unwrinkled page.

Anyone can come to Him. And He will listen.

And really my god is too small. Oh me of little faith.

May I have the faith of a small child, uncomplicated by prideful self.
May I have the faith of a Samaritan leper, kneeling in gratitude.
May I have the faith of those who live across the seas, uncomplicated by statistical analysis and historical precedence.

May I rest in His presence today. His promises, His wonderfulness, His blessed happiness.


O Lamb of God, that takes away the sins of the world, grant me Your peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment