Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A holy megaphone.

O LORD, I am not proud; I have no haughty looks. I do not occupy myself with great matters, or with things that are too hard for me. But I still my soul and make it quiet, like a child upon its mother’s breast; my soul is quieted within me. Psalm 131:1–3

My counselor says that my main problem is that I overthink things; my little brain gets spinning but, but, but, but and I spit out tidy logic that overpowers. Arrogance. That’s pretty much the lesson of the last week, calling a spade a spade, that wisdom of the world is earthly, unspiritual, demonic and causes disorder and every evil thing.

While the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.  And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

And the King James is a little different, Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering, which is more than enough vivid and specific imagery to last me all day, meditating on a gut of mercy.

Oh yeah, and I can read James 4 over and over, all day long.

Abba Father, rather than seeking justification let me hunger and thirst after righteousness. With a still soul. Nestled into His love. With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment