Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The morning sun filters in through the palm fronds.

Call to Worship Blessed be God, because He has not rejected my prayer or removed His steadfast love from me! Psalm 66:20

Contemplation The hesed of God is a combination of strength in action, fierce commitment, and tender emotional care. God is a mighty warrior, a faithful husband, and a wise Father. This is love that David remembers and trusts in his time of need. This is how he can begin with “How long?” and end with “my heart shall rejoice.” The goal of deliverance is always worship. May the love of God fill us up and turn our complaints into a prayer of faith and a song of praise.

What does the love of God look like?

In front of the Vineyard, nestled against a corner wall there is a large blue ceramic fountain filled with and surrounded by an odd, mismatched pile of rocks. And each one has a story. Each one was held up in front of the congregation, held up high as a very solid reminder of He Who Will Not Fail. And much as the splashing St. Francis fountain greets me new every morning, so does His faithful lovingkindness, His hesed.

I will trust in You.

Let the weak say I am strong in the strength of the LORD.

I will trust in You.

Fill my heart with songs of deliverance whenever I am afraid.


I will trust in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment