Monday, April 27, 2015

I am thankful that I was able to comfort and play games with children in a nearby field all afternoon and distract them for a bit.

I will confess you among the peoples, O LORD; I will sing praise to you among the nations. For Your lovingkindness is greater than the heavens, and Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds. Psalm 57:9–10

My desktop photo is now this line of little Syrian boys in front of the tents of their refuge camp. And my prayer is Luke 18:16, أمّا يَسُوعَ فَدَعا الأطفالَ إلَيهِ وَقالَ: «دَعُوا الأطفالَ يَأتُونَ إلَيَّ، وَلا تَمنَعُوهُمْ عَنِّي، لِأنَّ لِمِثلِ هَؤُلاءِ مَلَكُوتَ اللهِ, let the little ones come unto Me.


And every month we send twenty dollars to a girl who is loving little children in Nepal, and yesterday her email was full of thanks at the goodness of God in the midst of ruin and chaos and pain.

And every day I am reminded that it is not about me, as I learn to love my kiddos well.

And I am wandering through a school in rainy Denver this week, with a notebook and pen, as I watch some wonderful people love children well, with creativity and passion, with a team of equally inspiring teachers.

It is about His honor and glory and His great lovingkindness. His great lovingkindness that I certainly cannot wrap my small human mind around, but that which is declared day after day, night after night by His mercy and His grace.

Particularly in His image-bearers, who fill my heart with tenderness.


Now they were bringing even infants to him that He might touch them. And when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them.  But Jesus called them to Him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God.  Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”




No comments:

Post a Comment