Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The thing about dying to Self is that Self doth protest.

O LORD I am your servant. Psalm 116:14

I was pressed so hard that I almost fell, but the LORD came to my help. Psalm 118:13

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His servants. O LORD, I am your servant; I am your servant and the child of your handmaid. Psalm 116:13-14

May Your kingdom come, and Your will be done, on earth as in heaven. Give us today our daily bread.

As you know the weaknesses of each of us, let each one find You mighty to save; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

“Let each do well what each knows best,
Nothing refuse and nothing shirk,
Since none is master of the rest,
But all are servants of the work –

“The work no master may subject
Save He to whom the whole is known,
Being Himself the Architect,
The Craftsman and the Cornerstone. -Dorothy Sayers, The Man Who Would Be King

So yesterday was rough.

Humbling.

And yet.

I am His servant.

He who knelt down and washed the dusty feet of those who would shortly betray Him, deny Him, flee from Him.

He who came down from heaven, not to do His will, but that of Him who sent Him.

May Your kingdom come, and Your will be done, on earth as in heaven.

Give me today my daily bread.

Eucharisto before the miracle.

And may I see. Behold Your wonders. Be filled with awe.


And rejoice.





No comments:

Post a Comment