Wednesday, November 9, 2016

"A prolonged whistle split the air. The wheels began to grind. We were on our way."

It is a good thing to give thanks to the LORD, and to sing praises to your Name, O Most High; To tell of Your loving-kindness early in the morning and of Your faithfulness in the night season; For as it was in the beginning, it is now and it evermore shall be. Alleluia. Psalm 92:1-2

Oddly enough, I began reading Night by Elie Wielsel aloud to my eighth graders yesterday: 'The yellow star? Oh well, what of it? You don't die of it....' 

But next week we begin to read about those who courageously chose to drop it all to stand in the gap. The Rescuersfoolish in the eyes of the world, courageously at peace in the bosom of the LORD God Almighty.

Incline my heart, O God, to Your ways.

Jesus taught us, saying: “Sell your possessions and give to those in need. Get yourselves purses that do not wear out, treasure that will not fail you, in heaven where no thief can reach it and no moth destroy it. For wherever your treasure is, that is where your heart will be too.” Luke 12:33-34

Because Thou art my Father, I am not afraid. Instruct my mind. Sustain my will.  Take my hands and make them skillful to serve Thee. Take my eyes and keep them fixed upon Thine everlasting beauty. Take my mouth and make it eloquent in testimony to Thy love. Make this day a day of obedience, a day of spiritual joy and peace. Make this day’s work a little part of the work of the Kingdom of my Lord Christ, in whose name these my prayers are said. Amen. –John Bailie





No comments:

Post a Comment