Wednesday, March 29, 2017

And then there was light.

March 28, 2017

Then, speaking to all, He said, ‘If anyone wants to be a follower of mine, let him renounce himself and take up his cross everyday and follow me.’ Luke 9:23

O LORD, I cry to You for help; in the morning my prayer comes before You. Psalm 88:14

Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. John 6:68

Welp. Yesterday was a stinking awful day.

But really, His mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness. Really.

And every day I can sort of glower at that ol’ cross, waiting to be taken up. The same way that us swimmers hesitate every morning before we plunge into Hillenbrand pool.

But what are the options?

To whom shall I go?

This morning I stepped outside and breathed in deeply. It rained last night, just as the rumbling mountains had promised. I stood under the damp jasmine blossoms dripping sweet fragrance and stared at the sky and her twinkling hosts. And breathed in deeply. 

Your mercies are new, new every morning. Your mercies are new, new every morning.

You spoke into darkness, and then there was light.

Your mercies are new, new every morning. Your mercies are new, new every morning.

It doesn’t mean that today will be simple.

I still have to face the consequences of leaving a girl in the open-doored classroom yesterday to finish up her raw egg parachute while I watched Scene I from Romeo and Juliet, and she decided to use the scissors on her wrist rather than for cutting plastic bags.

Somehow I am going to have to find time to write sub lessons so I can judge the Southern Arizona Science and Engineering Fair.

And all of those argumentative essays and character analyses and lab journals to grade and post. On to genetics and the Bill of Rights.

And upheaval smolders all around. Mt. Etna has been making the news of late, and I so remember her sooty darkness that sifted down from the sky that prevented me from even seeing the hand in front of my face.

In my darkest hour
In humiliation
I will wait for You
I am not forsaken
Oh, I lose my life,
Oh, my breath be taken
I will wait for You
I am not forsaken
One thing I desire
To see You in Your beauty
You are my beauty
Yeah, You are my only. –Audrey Assad

To whom else shall I go?

March 29, 2017

The Refrain
I was pressed so hard that I almost fell, but the LORD came to my help.

Return, O my soul, to your rest;
    for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.

Thank you Lord for the lovingkindness poured down overflowing all day around my head.


You are good. You are so good. You are so good to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment