Sunday, June 25, 2017

Be still and still moving.


Let Your steadfast love come to me, O Lord,
   Your salvation according to Your promise;
then shall I have an answer for him who taunts me,
    for I trust in Your word.
and I shall walk in a wide place,
    for I have sought Your precepts.
I will also speak of Your testimonies before kings
   and shall not be put to shame. Psalm 119:41, 45-46

 I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep, and I myself will make them lie down, declares the Lord God.  I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak, and the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them in justice. Ezekiel 34:15-15
When Barnabas came to Antioch and saw the grace of God, he was glad, and he exhorted them all to remain faithful to the Lord with steadfast purpose. Acts 11:23

The question is always the same: How do you feel about your big adventure?

And I always reply that I am full of peace and steadfast purpose.

I am not at all afraid.

I do not know where the path will lead. But I know that I am following The Shepherd, who is seeking the lost, bringing back the strayed, binding up the injured, and strengthening the weakened.

And now my long dropping nets to do list is almost done. I made yet one more trip to Verizon. Scott now has power of attorney. I handed the keys back to the landlord, and I gotta admit the place was spotless. Heather and Dustin’s plants are now hanging drenched in momma’s carport. I bought travel insurance in case I need to be airlifted out of somewhere. It turns out Wen Xei does wants the chairs and couch so I am going to pull them out of storage. I still have to mess around with the USAA accounts and change the oil in the orange truck.

Still.

It is still now.

Let me rest in His promises of plans, plans to prosper and not to harm, plans to give hope and a future.


He makes me lie down in green pastures.

The quiet ticking of the clock. The gentle sounds of momma making bread for family dinner. The boisterous finches battling it out over the seed bag. The promised rain clouds pile over the Tucson mountains full of the long-awaited refreshment for those who wait in the blistering desert heat. A slight breeze stirs the wind chimes.

May I be steadfast, O Lord, Let Your steadfast love come to me, O Lord,
   Your salvation according to Your promise.


Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment