Saturday, September 9, 2017

The closer you get, the easier it is to see.

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matthew 5:44-49

“What hinders spiritual -people most of all from complete perfection is that they pay so little attention to small sins. I tell you in truth: when I hold back a smile which would harm no one, or have a sourness in my heart which I tell to no one, or feel some impatience with my own pain, then my soul becomes so dark and my heart so cold that I must lament and yearn greatly and humbly confess all my lack of virtue.” -Mechthild of Magdeburg

But the joy that fills the heart of the spiritual person destroys the deadly poison of the serpent. -Francis of Assisi

Thank you, Lord, that no sin is too small to bring the conviction of heart that may lead us to repentance and more faithful living. Convict us of our smallest sins so we might learn to delight in Your ways. 

May the meditations of my heart be acceptable to You, Oh Lord. 

The true delight from this walk is not found so much in the breathtaking beauty of Italian forests, nor the freedom and peace of simply greeting each moment with the simple shrug of Michael, “We shall see,” but rather in the sweeping and scrubbing of the soul, as my friend Jesus and I work together to create a place of joy.

In His light, away from all of the clutter and hurriedness and distractions, one can acknowledge and release the sourness, the resentments, the fears, the  rooted lies, and release them into the bright beauty of His mercy.



Where there is charity and wisdom there is neither fear nor ignorance. Where there is patience and humility there is neither anger nor worry. -Francis of Assisi

Keep a clear eye toward life's end. Do not forget your purpose and destiny as God's creature. What you are in His sight is what you are and nothing more. Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take nothing you have received, but only what you have given; a full heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage. -Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment