Friday, October 13, 2017

Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! Be jubilant, my feet!

O God, when You went out before Your people,
When You marched through the wilderness, 
Selah.
The earth trembled;
The heavens also poured down rain at the presence of God;
You, O God, sent abroad plentiful rain;
You confirmed Your inheritance when it was parched and weary.
Your flock found a dwelling place in it;
O God, in Your goodness You provided for the poor. Psalm 68:7-10

I have seen Him in the watch fires
Of a hundred circling camps.
They have builded Him an altar
In the evening dew and damps.
I can read His righteous sentence
In the dim and flaring lamps.
His day is marching on.

Huh.

Friday prayers once again, as I walk through the words that have taken root over the many, many years, perhaps pruned and snipped here and there, but for the most part, prayers that came not from my understanding, but from the Spirit within. For Colby and Karen. For Amy and Jackson. Sophie. Harrison. Even Otto the wonderful friend.

And my Friday prayer for myself stares up at me today. And I am a different person than I was just a Friday ago.

I pray that I will be a light to the nations as He declares new things. 

And new things at this moment, in a way that it has never felt before. is new things that you, Mz. Christy, do not even have the tiniest clue of what lies ahead. Not the tiniest.

And sure, I have been reading James and the admonition not to state with implied arrogance, “Next week I shall go up to such and so town and do business,” but this moment just before dawn feels much more wide open.

Even before I read Email Number 47 from Sally, Director of Mar Qardakh School.

And I have been reading Lamentations. And Ezra.

Oh yes, and I have been reading the headlines.

And God is so very beyond our small understanding as He works to will His good purpose.

And I read this morning that Abraham Lincoln wept the first time he heard “Glory, Glory, Hallelujah.”

His day is marching on.

Selah.




No comments:

Post a Comment