Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Noticing the works of His hands


He said to them,"It is written that the Christ would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day and that a change of hearts and lives and forgiveness of sins would be preached in His name to all nations, starting at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things.” Luke 24: 46-48

In that I have joined those who follow Him, I am declared to be a witness of at least two things: what I understand of Scriptures and what I have seen.  And in able to complete what is laid before me, I have been empowered by the Spirit, poured down from on high. 

And yes, this I have witnessed, a change of hearts and lives.  Not only of that heart which I best know, that of my own.  But of those around me, slowly yet steadily, I can see lives being formed into His likeness, little Christs.  

And this veritable miracle of new growth, as inexplicable as that of the new crocuses in Alan’s backyard garden box, points clearly to a Savior..  

Which is easier to say, “Your sins are forgiven,” or “Take up your bed and walk?”

No comments:

Post a Comment